First-Aid for Animals - Book
- Juhi Chawla holds "First-Aid for Animals" by Gautam Grover & Maneka Gandhi as a bible for animal lovers to help animals in distress. Juhi is the Chief Patron Animal Saviour. The book is published by Sterling Publishers (P) Ltd., and is available for Rs 100/-only.
- Gautam Grover is an animal rights activist who has been taking in and treating stray and injured animals since the age of ten. He is the Managing Trustee of Animal Saviour.
- Maneka Gandhi is the chairperson of India's largest animal welfare organisation, People For Animals.
- Most people pass by an accident victim even though they would like to help, simply because they have no idea what to do. Others panic and use methods and medicines that are wholly unsuitable. Nor can one rely blindly on vets. There are too few of them and even fewer who know about emergency procedures. As a result, injured animals in need of just simple life-saving treatment, die slow, agonising deaths. This book is for those people who will use the power and knowledge they have to come to the rescue of species less fortunate than ourselves. A ready reckoner for all emergency situations, keep it handy. This book could mean the difference between life and death for an animal.
To purchase this book please contact:
When you come across an accident or an animal in severe distress, immediately proceed with the basic emergency drill, as outlined below:
- If breathing appears to have stopped completely, check for a heartbeat.
- Normal heartbeat can be felt by placing the fingertips on the lower part of the chest wall on the left side, just behind the front leg.